Surgical pathology is the most significant and time-consuming area of practice for most anatomical pathologists. It includes Histopathology, Cytopathology & Immunohistochemistry.
Histopathology is “the branch of medicine concerned with the changes in tissues caused by disease” – the microscopic anatomical changes in diseased tissue. It helps in making the diagnosis, provides prognostic information and guides management of patients to ensure accurate and timely care of clinical problems encountered by patients. Histopathology is a rapidly changing specialty with new immunohistochemical and molecular methods coming into routine use on a continual basis.
Cytopathology is a discipline that involves the morphologic study of cells. It is broadly divided into exfoliative cytology and aspiration cytology. Exfoliative cytology involves examination of specimens that contain cells exfoliated from body cavities and surfaces. It is further subdivided into gynaecological cytology (Pap/cervical smears) and Non-gynaecological cytology (Pleural fluid, peritoneal fluid, cerebrospinal fluid, urine, bronchoalveolar lavage, sputum, brushing etc). Aspiration cytology involves examination of cells that are actively obtained by fine needle aspiration
Immunohistochemistry: It is the process of detecting antigen in cells of a tissue by exploiting the principle of antibodies specific to antigen in their biologic genome. It is a powerful tool with overlapping features among diagnosis, theranostic and genomic applications.
- Wide test menu th over 15 special stains & 120 IHC markers.
- Liquid Based Cervical Screening Co-test including Cytology & HPV with reflex to CISH “Molecular PAP”.
- We offer Multiplex IHC – 5 panels covering Lymphoma, Prostate carcinoma, Lung Carcinoma & Myeloma
- We offer Chromogenic In –Situ Hybridization (CISH) for EBV, HPV & CMV.
- SUBSPECIALITY EXPERT OPINION – for Transplant, Gastrointestinal , Hepatobiliary, Dermatopathology, Hematolymphoid & Breast Pathology.
- Automated Liquid Based Cytology for Gynaecologic & Non-Gynaecologic specimens
- Automated IHC staining, comprehensive & complete Oncology reports with Molecular tests such as Her 2 neu by FISH, EGFR mutation, K ras mutation, HPV and CISH & ALK 1 by FISH..